Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Another close finish

Played in another of the weekly bar tourneys... $25 buyin, 2 rebuys, 1 addon. 20 people (not much), but almost everyone took full advantage of the rebuys and addons, bringing first place to a cool $520. I had the chip lead through most of the first half... wasn't playing a lot of hands, but all the good ones held up and seemed to connect on the flop. The second half was a different story. No hands whatsoever. About 2 hours after the break, I finally pick up AQ suited, and raise it up in middle position (8 people left). The guy directly behind me pushes over the top for 3x my raise, and gets a caller before it comes to me. I fold. The guy after me flips up QQ, and the last guy shows AK. An ace hits the flop, and QQ goes home. I think that was a good fold on my part. Usually, I would call.... and I suppose, most times it would be good. *shrugs*. I ended up busting out in 5th, on the bubble. I'll get 'em next time.

Stay tuned.

No comments: