Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Comfy niche

I think I've found my comfort zone.

"What is that comfort zone, Chris?"

I'm so glad you asked. It's $1-2 NL. There's a very distinct possibility that $2-4 and $3-6 NL may also be well within my mental comfy area, but they're certainly not so for my bankroll. So for now, it's just $1-2. What a wonderful game! I headed over to my regular game last night, only to discover that we didn't have enough people even to make a standard shorthanded table. So instead, we decided to try out yet another local bar that hosts a $20 MTT every Tuesday. As the people drop out, a NL cash table starts up on the side (also $1-2) I bought in for $80 and basically just became a rock. On my second orbit, I hit two pair on the flop after checking the big blind, and relieved two people of their stacks.

None of these guys (with the exception of the two guys I came with) were paying any attention whatsoever, and after folding for an hour, when I raised it up to $12 UTG with pocket rockets, I got 5 callers (blinds both folded). The flop came with my beautiful ace, but there were two hearts on the board, and that ace was one of them. I checked it, UTG+1 bet out $20, called around, and I raised it $50. 2 callers. The turn reveals the Ten of hearts. I check, UTG+1 bets out $10 (Trying to milk me?). I call. River.... Ace!!!!!! I made quads. I bet out $100 into a $300 pot and the guys pushes for another $40 on top of my bet. I call him and he shows pocket tens.

Victory is sweet.

No comments: