Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Live Tournament

Man, I hate live tournaments. No, let me rephrase that. I hate local live tournaments. There are probably about 10-15 various bars scattered around town that host holdem tournaments throughout the week. Some are rebuys, some aren't, some are $20, some are $100. They have every flavor. The only problem is, almost all of them are crapshoots. How would you like to start with 1k in chips, with the blinds getting bumped every 15 minutes (starting at 25-50). It's ridiculous. I brought this up today and all my buddies kind of started laughing before they realized I was dead serious. I actually ran into one of the tournament directors last week at Albertsons, and was happy to give him a piece of my mind. Not being a poker player (WTF?!?!), he wasn't aware that the structure was bad. I assured him that if his tournament corresponded to a smell, it would be a mix between a partially decomposed body, and runny dog shit.

/end rant

No comments: