Thursday, October 20, 2005

Getting Close

I've managed to save up an extra $1k, which I will be depositing on NETeller unless disaster strikes in the next seven days. I will also be purchasing Poker Tracker and the Poker Tracker Guide. I've been hearing interesting things about some of the other programs that can be used. GameTime+ and PokerACE are both supposed to be great "plug-ins" for Poker Tracker, so I'll be getting those. I've heard great things about PokerEdge, but to my knowledge Party and the other large poker giants are freezing accounts that use the program. I have heard some interesting things about using it within VMWare..... good thing I just "found" the most recent version online, eh? :)

Hopefully things will start off good for me. I'm going to be keeping close track of my stats, and I'll try to start off playing at least 20-30 hours a week. That may end up being unrealistic as I also work 40-50 hours a week and will be dedicating a large part of the time spent at home with my girlfriend. I'll work it out somehow. I've been thinking a lot about where I want to start out. $2-4 sounds a lot more reasonable to me than $1-2, as I'm used to playing $3-6 (or $4-8) live. For the first week, I'm going to two-table, after that I'll bump it to three, and two weeks later, if I'm doing well there I'll try four.

-----

Things I would like to achieve in the next six months:

1. Work my way up to four-tabling successfully. If I find that I can get to that level and still play without any problems, I may keep moving up.

2. Make the final table in a $20-$50 MTT with a starting field of 1k+.

3. See the bankroll hit $5k. I think that's actually a very modest goal for six months, playing at $2-4. We'll see.

-----

Feel free to leave comments, or criticism. If I actually start getting any significant amount of traffic through here I will start doing comment responses.

No comments: