Tuesday, January 03, 2006

TiltMonster

Gonna be playing in a smallish rebuy tournament tonight. Gotta keep my head on straight. One of my biggest problems when it comes to tournaments with horrible structures is that when the blinds start getting to be large and my stack all of a sudden isn't quite as large as it used to be, I start to feel pressured to pick a hand and jam with it. Now, I know that this isn't all bad.... but I don't feel confident that I pick my spots well. Usually, I can do this once or twice and get away with stealing the blinds, and then I'll wait for a bit, then jam with something retarded like Q4, because I'm on the button and everyone's folded to me. Then the BB will call with like A2 and neither of us will hit. So my new rule for tonight is.... if I start feeling pressured, unless I'm forced in with the blinds, I'm going to try and be a little more patient and see what happens.
Filed Under:

No comments: