Friday, January 13, 2006

$20+5 rebuy report

Made it pretty deep this time. There were 30 players, 1st place was just over 1k. I played super tight, so there isn't too much to tell. A few highlights from the tournament:

45 minutes into the second level, I got pocket kings twice in a row, doubled up with both of them.

Middle of the third level, I pick up Aces UTG. I raise it up (2x) everyone folds to the BB, who min-raises. I pretend to think for a while, then make a min-reraise and he insta-pushes. I call and he flips kings. No help and he's out.

Fold for a while....

Two tables, 6 handed. Pocket Jacks. I raise it up, get one caller. Flop is 2JQ. I bet, guy raises over the top, and I push. He calls me with QQ. What a cooler.

I'm happy with my play overall. I don't think I could have done much about the last hand, set-over-set.... I mean, I was putting him on two paint cards, but the range is pretty big. This guy would have called with AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, and probably QT. I have to assume I'm a favorite here, and when I'm not... well, that's just the breaks.

More to come soon. Feel free to leave criticism on my play. Can't get better withot finding the leaks in your game. If anyone needs more details, just ask.
Filed Under:

No comments: