Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Moving up a little bit

This last few weeks has proven very profitable for me. Well, maybe not to all the high rollers out there. Maybe I'll be joining them in the future. That would kick ass.

So here's a quick recap of the last 21 days.

My company decided to unofficially hold a holdem tourney once a week. Only a $10 buyin, so it's pretty small change, but still fun. So far, it's been between 10 and 15 people per tourney (3 total). I've won all of them, so far.
$140 Profit

Then, last Friday one of my friends held a tourney at his house with about 20 people. $25 buyin. I won that as well.
$225 Profit

Starting the same night, I began running $10+1 SnG's on Party. Went on a crazy streak, picking up 1st 3 times, 2nd 4 times and 3rd 2 times out of 15 tournaments.
$145 Profit

And then there was last night. A local bar holds a rebuy tourney 2 times a week that I haven't been to in a least a month or two, and I heard it was the last one that they're doing, so I decided to check it out. Jesus, what a horrible structure it had (in every way). There were 16 entries with a $25 buyin, $5 of which goes to the house. 2 rebuys, and 1 addon both which are also $25 (House doesn't take anything from rebuy/addon). And they only pay 2 positions. That's fucking insane. I lost a few chips early on with pocket 8's to a flopped set, but he checked it down to the river, and then min-bet, so I came out fairly cheap. Made a lot of good reads/plays and ended up taking 1st.
$435 Profit

-----

So all in all, over the last 3 weeks, my tournament profit weighs in at a total of $945.

Not bad.

No comments: