Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A painful update

Well, I had a horrific run of cards these last few days, and have abandoned the $5 HU SnG challenge. I simply cannot continue. The main reason? In order to really do this well, I think I need to move up the scale a little bit, maybe to $10 or $20. I know that in heads up play your range should open up exponentially, but some of the shit these guys are calling with (to the river) are ludicrous. They just don't care. And who should? It's only $5, right?

Here's one HU SnG that really pissed me off.

Super LAG and I start with T1000 each. I resolve to play tight until I hit something, and then try and double up. Sure enough, about 4 minutes in (I'm down to about 950), I get pocket kings. He raises preflop, I call. Flop comes with a king. I check, he bets 300. I call. Turn x. He goes all in, I call. And we're at 1900 and 100.

Next hand I get AJ. He raises half of his stack and I raise him the remaining 50 to put him all in. He..... folds?!??

Chip count: Me: 1950 - LAG: 50

I get 8 5 off. He raises all in for 50 and I call. He has T 9 suited. I pair on the flop, he gets his flush on the river.

Chip count: ME: 1900 - Lag: 100

AT suited. He pushes again. I call. He shows 4 6 off. Hits a goddamn runner runner straight.

Chip count: ME: 1800 - Lag: 200

K8 off. He completes. I check. Flop is 8 high. He checks, I put him all in, he calls with 8 2. Turn brings a 2.

Chip count: ME: 1600 - Lag: 400

You see the direction this is going? Yes, he rivered his way through 5 or 6 hands in a row to even back out with me. This guy was literally hitting EVERYTHING he stayed in with. Didn't matter what it was.

The fateful hand.

He has a very tiny chip lead on me. I get JJ. He raises to 200, I raise to 600, he pushes and I call. He flips over 99.

Flop..... 9 9 J.

Can you fucking believe it?

No comments: